Is Sam 18 yet???

When will Kiefer be 18???

When will Brendan be 18??

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!!!!

Well the ice fog has set in...and lets just say our dogs run out....pee...and run in!!! Poor Annie's little feet are frozen in no time.

For those of you who don't know what ice fog is, here ya go:



Ice fog
is any kind of fog where the droplets have frozen into extremely tiny crystals of ice in midair. Generally this requires temperatures at or below −35 °C (−30 °F), making it common only in and near the Arctic and Antarctic regions. It is most often seen in urban areas where it is created by the freezing of water vapor present in automobile exhaust and combustion -products from heating and power generation. Urban ice fog can become extremely dense and will persist day and night until the temperature rises. Extremely small amounts of ice fog falling from the sky form a type of precipitation called ice crystals, often reported in Barrow, Alaska. Ice fog often leads to the visual phenomenon of light pillars.

In case this has not gotten me any sympathy, here is the latest weather report for the land I love!

  • North Pole
As of 7:55 pm AKST

Fog

Visibility:
1.5 mi
Wind:
CALM
Sunrise:
10:50 am
Sunset:
2:52 pm

-44°

High: -36° Low: -50°

TonightTomorrowThuFriSat 6-10 Day
Partly Cloudy
Sunny
Partly Cloudy
Sunny


High: -36°
Low: -50°
High: -39°
Low: -49°
High: -34°
Low: -45°
High: -39°
Low: -47°


Here is a picture of ice fog, similar to what we will be seeing for the next week or two, for those of you who have no idea what it actually looks like. It is very pretty to look at, but hard to see thru :)
I wish you all warm and comfy nights....keep us in your thoughts and send any extra down comforters you have around!


2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you posted this...I've heard about ice fog and figured that is what I was seeing but finally after living here for two years thanks to you I now really know what it is!!!
    Oh and you have my sympathy...as long as your passing some this way too!!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I was coming up for a few days, but that changed my mind. I only have two long pants and I would freeze to death for sure. Only 5 months till I come up. Please warm it up a bit. Love you all. Happy New Year.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete