Is Sam 18 yet???

When will Kiefer be 18???

When will Brendan be 18??

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Be Aware This Month







Fundraisers.com Features This Month's Causes

As we start a new year, I thought it a good idea to make myself and everyone else I know to be more aware of things; illnesses, causes, etc. that we may not think much about. If you are someone who knows me well, one cause I have been involved in as much as possible is with animals. I have done a few “walk for the animals” for the Humane Society and I have also volunteered at an ASPCA shelter (which Samantha and I enjoyed doing together) So here I say THANKS again to many of you who made donations for our walks.

Another area or cause I try to do my part in deals with cancer. Our family as a whole has participated in The Relay for Life events in Fairbanks and really had a great time. I was lucky enough while in Washington to have a job I loved on “the cancer floor” of Tacoma General Hospital. Though many work days were sad, I also met wonderful people and their families and learned so much from that experience. Working with cancer patients taught me a lot.

So, I wanted to list some of the “Awareness Topics” for the month of January.

National Birth Defects Prevention Month

Cataract Awareness Month

Cervical Cancer Awareness Month

National Volunteer Blood Donor Month

Thyroid Awareness Month

National Mentoring Month

National Poverty in America Awareness Month

I hope you check out the sites of anything that caught your eye.

Love to all, Angela
"No one has ever become poor by giving."


.....Anne Frank

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could tell you! Oh that made me so mad! I missed you guys too...I would have much rather been there than traveling...I hate traveling! See you in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I hope your eyes get better soon. Have you figured out what has caused it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right you told me that. My back has been pretty sore but I'm dealing. I think its a little worse today because I've been busy. Nothing that a nice massage won't fix!!!!!

    ReplyDelete